RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM
This Sunday (1/22/2017) is the third day of our January Intersession for all classes Grades K-12. The Session will begin at 10:30 in the double room downstairs in the Sanctuary. January Sessions will be workshops about mindfulness. Please remember to pick up your K-3rd grader before noon. Guests are welcome at any time.
NURSERY CARE is available until noon in the lower level at Chapin for babies and children up to five years old.
There will be three Sundays of Workshops on the theme of Mindfulness. Today’s lesson will be about Zen Gardens. Participants will learn some ways to meditate and have a chance to create their own Zen Gardens.
In these January Workshops we will learn some new ways to meditate and some mindfulness games. Participants will learn about the benefits of these practices in their own lives as well as learn to use mindfulness in working to bring peace to our world. We will share some of our experiences in an intergenerational service on Sunday, Jan. 29.
There will be a pizza party at Chapin Memorial Church on Saturday, January 28th from 5-7 to get ready for our service the following day.
January Sessions are a great time to bring a friend to RE or to participate as an adult helper to explore what it is like to be part of our program.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM CONTACT:
UUSO Director of Religious Education Susan Ryder: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAYING CONNECTED BETWEEN SUNDAYS
There is no need for adventures in Unitarian Universalism to happen only on Sundays!
CHECK THESE OUT:
- www.uuworld.org/hashtag/parentingblog is written by Michelle Richards. Michelle is also author of a wonderful book: Tending the Flame: The Art of Unitarian Universalist Parenting.
- Parents as Spiritual Guides is a 6 lesson workshop for parents and caregivers. You can have access to all of the lessons in a pdf at http://www.uua.org/sites/live-new.uua.org/files/documents/lfd/tapestry/parents_spiritual_guides.pdf
- Call and Response: Journeys in UU Lifespan Faith Development, can be found at http://callandresponse.blogs.uua.org/ This site addresses current issues of interest to UU families and includes a way to communicate with other UU parents by posting and reading comments.
- The Family Pages pullout section of the monthly UU World Magazine contains activities around a topic for families to engage in together. Many of the themes and activities are part of our religious education program during the church year. They are interesting and fun! A paper version of UU World Magazine is sent to all members of UUSO. It is available online at www.uuworld.org.
- You can find stories and other resources at Family Quest: Church of the Larger Fellowship at http://www.questformeaning.org/programs/family-quest/
- BLUEBOAT: This site offers a way for teens to stay in touch with each other and with what’s happening in the UUA regarding youth and young adult ministry. They also are on Facebook. http://blueboat.blogs.uua.org/youth/
- YAYA: is the site of the Youth and Young Adult Ministries Office at the UUA and has the goal of supporting youth working for the future of our faith. https://twitter.com/YAYAUUA
- ST. LAWRENCE DISTRICT UU YOUTH MINISTRY at http://www.sld-yruu.org/ This is the site to keep watching for postings of future Cons as well as other youth events in our district. You can also contact them if you would like more information about UU Youth leadership opportunities.