RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM
Saturday May 20, 2017: Pizza Party and Service Practice
From 5:30 to 7:30 pm all RE participants from K-12th Grade will join together at Chapin Memorial Church to practice the next day’s Service. We will also have a Pizza Party!
Sunday May 21, 2017: Finding Your Tribe
This Sunday will be an Intergenerational Service called, “Finding Your Tribe” presented by the Children and Youth of the UUSO Religious Education Program.
After the service there will be the first meeting of UUSO “Church Mice” in the gathering room downstairs at Chapin. There will be pizza! Church Mice are those children and youth who want to have special duties helping at our church.
The Nursery: While children of all ages are always welcome in the sanctuary, Nursery Care is available in the lower level of Chapin for babies and children up to 5 years old until noon.
Sunday May 28, 2017: NO RE, Memorial Day Weekend
(although the Nursery will be available for those up to age 10)
Sunday June 4, 2017: Flower Communion for All Ages
Each person brings a flower and will leave with a different flower. Extra flowers will be available should you forget!
Sunday June 11, 2017:
FOR K-5TH GRADE: RE FUN DAY!
There will be games and activities at the Olympia Brown House, 16 Ford Ave.
FOR 6TH -12th GRADE: ANNUAL YOUTH CANOE TRIP
We will leave the Olympia Brown House at 9am and return about 1pm. This is a much-anticipated time to enjoy canoeing the beautiful Susquehanna River. Please see or contact Susan Ryder email@example.com for permission slips and/or more information.
Sunday June 18, 2017: ALL RE ICE-CREAM PARTY
This is our annual end-of-RE event. We will be at the Olympia Brown House beginning at 10:30 to create our own Ice Cream Sundaes from a generous gift from Stewarts Shops in Oneonta. There will be games (perhaps Quiddich) and fun activities. This is our last official Religious Education event until fall.
RE Programming Resumes in the Fall
The Nursery will remain available throughout the summer for those up to age 10. Chalice Bags are available in the foyer as you enter the sanctuary. These are full of things for people to do who are better able to participate in a worship service while keeping their hands busy.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM CONTACT:
UUSO Director of Religious Education Susan Ryder: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAYING CONNECTED BETWEEN SUNDAYS
There is no need for adventures in Unitarian Universalism to happen only on Sundays!
CHECK THESE OUT:
- www.uuworld.org/hashtag/parentingblog is written by Michelle Richards. Michelle is also author of a wonderful book: Tending the Flame: The Art of Unitarian Universalist Parenting.
- Parents as Spiritual Guides is a 6 lesson workshop for parents and caregivers. You can have access to all of the lessons in a pdf at http://www.uua.org/sites/live-new.uua.org/files/documents/lfd/tapestry/parents_spiritual_guides.pdf
- Call and Response: Journeys in UU Lifespan Faith Development, can be found at http://callandresponse.blogs.uua.org/ This site addresses current issues of interest to UU families and includes a way to communicate with other UU parents by posting and reading comments.
- The Family Pages pullout section of the monthly UU World Magazine contains activities around a topic for families to engage in together. Many of the themes and activities are part of our religious education program during the church year. They are interesting and fun! A paper version of UU World Magazine is sent to all members of UUSO. It is available online at www.uuworld.org.
- You can find stories and other resources at Family Quest: Church of the Larger Fellowship at http://www.questformeaning.org/programs/family-quest/
- BLUEBOAT: This site offers a way for teens to stay in touch with each other and with what’s happening in the UUA regarding youth and young adult ministry. They also are on Facebook. http://blueboat.blogs.uua.org/youth/
- YAYA: is the site of the Youth and Young Adult Ministries Office at the UUA and has the goal of supporting youth working for the future of our faith. https://twitter.com/YAYAUUA
- ST. LAWRENCE DISTRICT UU YOUTH MINISTRY at http://www.sld-yruu.org/ This is the site to keep watching for postings of future Cons as well as other youth events in our district. You can also contact them if you would like more information about UU Youth leadership opportunities.