THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
There are ten democratically elected members on The Board of Trustees (the elected Moderator is a non-voting BOT member). The Board meets 11 times per year to review reports from the Minister, the Director of Religious Education, and the Treasurer, and to receive updates on the committees and teams. The Board sets policy and addresses other administrative concerns of UUSO. The Board meets the fourth Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. on Zoom during the pandemic, and the regular meetings are open to members and friends of UUSO who wish to attend. If you wish to receive access to the meeting, please email the Office Administrator.
The Board Members for 2022-2023 are:
Cathi Wiltsey, Co-President; 2020-2023 (First term)
Zanna McKay, Co-President; 2022-2025 (First full term, originally appointed to complete the 2020-2022 BOT vacancy)
Elayne Mosher Campoli, Clerk; 2022-2025 (Second term)
Katy Bridgers; 2022-2025 (First Term)
Ben Friedell; 2020-2023 (First term)
Rosemary Summers; 2021-2024 (Second term)
Linda Wilcox; 2022-2023 (First Term, appointed to complete the final year of Donna Behrendt’s three-year term)
Board of Trustees Covenant
Approved August 2022
The members of the Board of Trustees will support each other to remain in covenant and to hold each other accountable to our commitments.
In Relationship with Each Other:
- Our fundamental goal is to fulfill the mission, vision, and covenant of the UUSO.
- We agree to be prompt, present, prepared, and engaged while in meetings.
- We agree to treat each other with kindness, integrity, and respect.
- We will follow an intentional process of decision making that includes preparation, engagement, and discussion that allows for the expression of a variety of opinions.
- Once a decision has been reached, we recognize that while decisions will not always be unanimous, we speak with a unified voice.
- We recognize that disagreement is a part of Board life, and pledge to respect differences and not let conflicts fester.
- We commit to collaboration in addressing the needs of UUSO while respecting the need for
confidentiality and the use of transparency.
In Relationship with the Congregation:
- The goal of the Board of Trustees is to serve the mission, vision, and covenant of the UUSO, while representing the Membership.
- We will be actively involved in the organizational and communal life of the Unitarian Universalist Society of Oneonta.
- We commit to regular communication with the congregation while also maintaining confidentiality where necessary.
- We will remind each other, as needed, of our commitment to listen to the congregation.
- We will handle complaints brought against the board with respect. They will be addressed at the appropriate level, gathering accurate and complete information, as necessary.
- In situations of potential conflict of interest, we pledge ourselves to full disclosure.